Today my wife sent me to the dollar store to get some supplies she needed for her job. While there, I picked her up a belated anniversary gift. Yes, it was inexpensive, but it’s something that she really, really liked.
While at the office supplies aisle to get her some manila envelopes, I saw a package of Papermate Flexigrip Elite pens. Two black pens for $2. Very cheap. I could use some more, since I have only a blue, red, black and purple one with no backups. When it comes to acquiring another Papermate (again, my favorite), I go by these guidelines:
1. If you don’t have the expendable income, absolutely not.
2. If you do, proceed to the next round
1. Are these a new style of Papermate pens OR a type of Papermate pen that I don’t have?
2. Is this a type of Papermate that I already have but don’t have any “backups”?
If the answer to either is yes, then I proceed to the next and final round.
1. Do I really, really, really need it?
If yes, I buy. If no, I don’t.
I decided I didn’t really need it, so I passed.