I compiled it last night at work using my trusty slightly-larger-than-reporter-size notebook (my favorite kind–a firm cardboard back with a transparent plastic cover) and a Papermate Design pen. Ten items I intend to start tackling on a daily basis as a writer:
1) 2,000 words written on my novel(s)
2) 2,000 words written on my short story(ies)
4) Journal entry (at the end of the day)
5) 1-2 essays
6) Look for freelance writing work
7) Work on a screenplay
8 ) Read both fiction and non-fiction
9) Market my fiction
10) Write a poem or two if the mood strikes
A long list? Perhaps, but I need to be accomplishing these things on a daily basis. With sufficient time management, it can be done.
Richard Zowie is a writer who is working to get off his lazy butt. Post comments here or e-mail them to email@example.com.